We support your data rights.
As a GDPR compliant company we are committed to protecting the data you share with us. We will never sell your data.
We’re here for you every step of the way.
Most problems that users encounter can be resolved quickly and to satisfaction by contacting us at email@example.com.
Thanks for working with us! Here we describe how we collect, use, and handle your information when you use our websites, software, and services (‘Services’).
We at IT Career Hero are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal data (as described in this policy) is processed fairly and lawfully in line with all relevant privacy legislation.
We are committed to compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from Individuals in the European Union member countries and Switzerland.
As a career development services business, we collect, use, store and transfer the following information to provide, improve, and protect our Services:
- Personal information you provide when you register to use the website, subscribe to our Service, search for opportunities, enter a promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the website. The personal information you give us may include your name, address, username and password, e-mail address, payment information (including bank account and payment card details), any information you have included on your CV or resume and feedback and survey responses;
- Technical data such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, the web page you visited before visiting our sites, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Usage data which tells us how you use our website, products and services;
- Marketing and communication data which tells us your preference in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences; and
- Sensitive personal data such as your race or ethnicity, your political opinions, religious beliefs, membership in a trade union, physical or mental health condition, sexual orientation, or criminal offenses. Please note that we do not ask for any sensitive personal information and request that you omit any such information from your CV or resume prior to submitting it to us.
How we use your data
- Services. Our Services are designed to make it simple and easy for you to acquire career development products (resumes and CVs, interview preparation services, etc.) To make that possible, we store, use and transmit your data to internal staff and third-party service providers to enable us to register new customers, process payments and deliver our Services.
- Usage. We also use your data, especially usage data, technical data, and data on how you use our Services, including the actions you take in your account (such as site visits, page interaction information, and search history), to evaluate and improve our Services.
- Marketing. We also use your data to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (i.e. e-mail) with information about goods and services which are similar to those that have been promoted to you in the past. We will contact you by electronic means only if you have provided your consent for such communication. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, select the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any e-mail communication from us.
Sharing your data
We won’t share or sell your data to advertisers or third parties.
Protecting your data
Stewardship of your personal data is critical to us and a responsibility we embrace. We are dedicated to keeping your information secure and constantly upgrade and test our services to maintain the highest possible level of protection.
We only process personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so. We review the personal data we hold on a regular basis to ensure it is being lawfully processed and that it is accurate, relevant, and up to date.
Before transferring personal data to any third party (e.g. suppliers, partners, customers, software solution providers, and back office support), we establish that there is a legal reason for making the transfer, which may include your consent.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We have implemented measures and procedures that adequately protect the privacy of individuals and ensure that data protection is integral to all processing activities. This includes implementing measures such as:
- Data minimisation (e.g. not keeping data for longer than is necessary);
- Cyber security; and
- A data security policy.
Your rights – individuals in the European Union
If you are an individual in the European Union, you have the right to access, correct, restrict, or erase your personal information stored on our platform at any time. You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights include the following:
- Accessing your data. Upon request, we shall provide any information relating to your data and our processing of your data in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible form using clear and plain language. The information shall be provided in writing or by other means, including, where appropriate, by electronic means within 30 days of a written request.
- Correcting your data. You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data on our platform.
- Erasing your data. You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data on our platform.
Restricting the use of your data. We only process your personal data where we have the legal basis for doing so. You have the right to ask us to suspend or otherwise restrict the processing of your personal data where:
- You challenge the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you want us to hold it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have legitimate grounds to use it.
Withdrawing your consent. Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data (for example consent to receive marketing) you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Your rights – individuals outside the European Union
Accessing Account Information. We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us by sending an email to our support attendant – email@example.com.
Where we store and transfer your data
We have customers all over the world but to provide you with services, we store, use and transmit information only in the European Economic Area (EEA).
In relation to personal data of individuals in the European Union, we may share your personal data within the Company. Your data will always be held within the EEA.
Changes to our Company
If we are involved in a reorganisation, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (e.g. via e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.